"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, September 29, 2007

What I Said I'd Never Do

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I think every parent knows it all. You know what works and what doesn't. And then comes another baby and then you are sent back to the drawing board to figure it all out again. What worked for you once, doesn't work for you always. What works for one baby, doesn't fit every baby's mold. I swore I would never sleep with a baby (or child at all) in my bed. For the life of me I couldn't understand how or why any parent would do this. And then Lauren was born and it all changed. I began sleeping with her my hospital bed and I can honestly say I am in love with the idea now. I know I am probably spoiling her, but I don't care. I love cuddling with her in the middle of the night knowing that my warmth and my smell is what calms her down. There is nothing sweeter than that. I won't always do this, but for now it works so why mess with a good thing. I wonder if part of the reason I have bonded with her so well is because she stays so close to me. So there is something I swore I would never do.

7 comments:

jess... said...

STOP SPOILING THAT BABY!!! just kidding, you're not spoiling her, whatever works! The pictures are way cute!

Gina said...

Oh. You are making me so baby hungry for our baby. She is so sweet and tiny! I can't wait to see her in person!

Heather Jones said...

I never did that with my other two either and with Jordan I would just cuddle him till I was almost asleep then go put him in bed. I don't know if it is the third but I just loved cuddling him all the time!!

Julie said...

Really? This is your first time? All my babies have slept between Patrick and I for the first year of their lives, it made life so much easier. Especially when nursing on demand. I just love having them close to me, being able to put my hand on them and check that they are breathing, not having to get up for nursing or feeling their little body move next to me. The smell of a baby, the smiles, the kicks, the way they look at you when they wake up, ...All that and more. Gosh I am getting anxious to have my own baby, lol.

Enjoy your precious new daughter sleeping next to you.

Julie

Kristi said...

I say do what works!! I am dying at how absolutely adorbale she is!! Seriously!!

Sabrina said...

She is so cute! I slept with all of mine too all the way until they started sleeping through the night (4 months usually!) I loved it because there was no getting out of bed to feed the kids since I was breastfeeding. You're right though, whatever works!

Staci said...

i loved sleeping with my babies. not so much when they get bigger but definitely when they are new born. she is so precious. congrats!