"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Good Big Sister

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This morning Hailey spent a full hour in the baby's room doing some mommy-ing to her dolls. It was so cute and I couldn't believe she kept herself entertained for so long! We are still in the process of getting stuff organized in there, and there is a big box of old bottles and binkies on the floor. She maticulously took out the bottles, lined them up in the floor, then took her baby dolls and undressed them (don't know why they had to be naked!) then lined them up too. Then she began putting bottles AND dolls into the carseat. Then she climbed in the carseat and cuddled with everything. She did this over and over again, then fed the dolls, then fed herself from the empty bottles...the whole thing was just so cute. I think she will have a love/hate for this new baby at first, but after the shock wears off she will be a great big sister. She has the mothering thing down! I am so excited to introduce this new one to her big brother and sister. I know they can't wait to meet her either! I just feel so blessed to give my kids another lifelong friend and playmate. Yeah they are fairly close in age (Ethan just turned 3 1/2 and Hailey is 20 months) and it will be tough, but I can think of no better gift to give them than each other. And sometimes I actually catch myself think about baby #4 and how fun that will be for them too. CRAZY for Cody and me, but so much fun for the kids. But we'll try to take a little break in between #3 and #4!

9 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

It is so weird to think you are almost ready to have your baby. When I left Utah you were just barely starting to show now you are ready to pop. I am happy to hear that everything is good still. I can not wait to see her. Did you guys pick a name yet? Hailey is going to be a great big sister. Taegan never had bad feelings towards our babies. She just loved them so much. So I bet Hailey will too. Keep us updated on what is going on!

Gina said...

Hailey is so cute. She will adore this new baby. It's amazing how long she could entertain herself. I can't wait to have a girl. I'm excited to see if she can entertain herself in some way that doesn't involve jumping off something, throwing somehting, or banging something. Little boys are just so different!

Heather Jones said...

You are soo close I am sure both your kids will just love the new baby sometimes too much!!! Hailey's pictures are so funny!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

What an awesome gift to give your family - another baby! Cute familY!

Julie said...

When my third was born, I also had a 3 1/2yo and a 22mo. It was the easiest thing to add baby #3. So was adding #4 and I expect no problem adding baby#5 next week. Now that they are older (a couple years, lol), they get along even better and play together for hours.

Enjoy thinking about baby#4, there is nothing wrong with that. Even think about baby#5 ;) I am thinking about baby#6, 7 and 8, lol.

Kristi said...

That is so cute! Brayden loved all our babies, and Adi didn't care for Jace too much at first, she had the love/hate thing, and still does! No, she loves him to death, and does everything an older sister is suppose to do, and I think that includes being mean and bossy at times! Good luck, you'll do great!

Sabrina said...

Aww! How cute! She really loves he dolls!

Staci said...

look how big she is getting. and i just saw her...okay so it's been a couple of months. holy cow, what a cutie.

Joey and Nettifer said...

I heard you had your baby! How are you? I need to call!