"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering 9-11

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I can't believe it has been 6 years since that fateful day. That day my car was in the shop and Cody was giving me a ride to school (we were dating at the time). He came by my place to pick me up, ran in, and turned the TV on. I had no idea what was going on. He said "A plane just crashed into the World Trade Center". I immediately thought it was an accident. Then they said a second plane hit the second tower. A chill went down my spine and we were glued to the media for the rest of the day. I know that through out that day and a few days that followed, I didn't understand the intensity of what had happened. I think my mind put up a guard so I wouldn't let all of the fear and sadness overtake me. Then on about day 4, I was watching the coverage of the attack and it suddenly hit me. I cried and cried at the thought of what had been done to our sacred country. I hope our nation never forgets or belittles what happened. I am so thankful for all the people who sacrifice each day to keep that same kind of thing from happening again. May God bless America!


glitter-graphics.com


3 comments:

Gina said...

I just have to say,
I love America.
I don't know how else to say it.

Staci said...

i also remember exactly what i was doing and where i was on that day. i cried so hard and then i had family go to iraq and i called my sisters and cried as i thanked them for their sacrifice.

i love this land and what it's stands for.

Heather Jones said...

I am with you I remeber exactly our reactions and what we were doing and I did not even have fam there. I feel for those poor people who waited and waited for news. My brothers B-day is on the 11 and he said it is weird now that that happened!!