"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Ethan's First Day of Preschool

I promise it was only yesterday that I was enduring childbirth with this boy. He was almost 2 weeks late and then I went through 21 hours of unmedicated labor, followed by an emergency c-section...wow that was so long ago! 3 1/2 years have passed and now he is off to preschool. Today has been a little emotional for us all. Ethan has been talking about preschool constantly for days, and today as soon as he finished lunch he wanted to put on his new Spider Man back pack. Cody came home during his lunch hour and we all got in the van and off we went. Of course, as always Ethan was very shy when he got there. The kids were playing with Play Dough until everyone arrived and Ethan was so scared. He kept saying "You're gonna stay with me, right?" Finally Cody and I had to sneak out. There was a pit in both our stomachs as we drove home. I was on pins and needles all afternoon, waiting for 3:15 to roll around. When I picked him up again, he was so excited and happy to tell me about his day! He felt like such a big kid and started naming off all his new friends. He LOVES his teacher, Ms. Kari. She is very sweet and I think she will be great for him. On the drive home I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as Ethan recounted everything he had done and learned. He said "Mom, I have a surprise for you!" When we got home he pulled out a picture he'd drawn for me. He was so proud! Oh, his first school art work. I am starting a scrapbook for stuff like that. I am still in awe at what a thriving, happy, handsome, and wonderful little guy he is turning into. It makes my heart so full of joy, and a little sad at how quickly this precious time is flying by.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

Heather Jones said...

I BET YOU WERE SO GALD HE DID SO WELL!! I AM NERVOUS FOR KENS SHE STARTS THURSDAY AND I AM AFRAID WE WILL HAVE A SERIOUS SEPERATION PROBLEM.HE LOOKS SO CUTE AND GROWN-UP WITH HIS BACKPACK ON.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Yeah for liking preschool! What a happy day and so cute that you have his 1st picture!

Author said...

What a big boy - he's growing up so fast. Such a handsome boy.

Kristi said...

I love the first day pictures, so fun! I am glad he did so well!

bethany said...

I'm excited for when Jakson starts to bring home art-I saw this really cool idea for kid-drawn pictures on another blog I read. You should look at it, it might inspire you :)
http://creativeorganizing.typepad.com/creative_organizing/2007/08/artwork-artwork.html

bethany said...

That didn't work so well, half of it is chopped off. You can just go that website and then search for "artwork" -you should be able to find it :)