"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Am A Child Of God

Last night while Cody was still out of town, I was feeling kind of lonely and anxious so I packed the kids up and headed to Temple Sqaure. I always love walking around there and the peace I feel, even if it is just from looking at the temple and the sites. We spent a lot of time at the Church History Museum and Ethan gpt a big kick out of the "retired" Angel Moroni statue on display.

Then we headed upstairs to the "I Am A Child Of God" exhibit and the kids loved it and didn't want to leave, even when I said we could go eat at McDonalds. There was a lot of fun and interactive stuff to do. As I ran around and played with the kids and helped them with the different activities, I felt truly peaceful and happy. I know what we've been through is only a trial and the Lord will make things right. And before long, we'll be back at Temple Square and our fourth child will be with us. I look forward to that day!





2 comments:

Bel said...

Hi sweetie, I am glad you were able to get out and have some quality time with the kids : ) Also I really liked the pictures you took of your friend, it looks like a fun photo shoot!
I am so proud of you and of your courage and strength during these hard times. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello Sunday but I was stuck in nursery with a very unhappy toodler, but just know I am here for you.

Jeanette said...

I looks like a fun outing. What a wonderful place to spend a day with your little ones.