"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, November 10, 2008

We Lost The Baby

It's been a terrible 24 hours. And before you think it, just stop. I know a lot of you think it was silly to tell about a pregnancy so early, but we didn't think it was silly and we never have. It's something so wonderful and something to be celebrated, not hidden. So we told. And now it is gone and we don't regret telling.

The last two weeks have been such happy ones for us and we had big hopes and dreams. Now those dreams have been put on hold because apparently, the Lord had other plans. I guess the Lord changed His mind about sending out little one to us right now. To recount the last day would be hard and long so I'll save it for when I've processed what has happened.

I'm sad. I'm sad like I never thought I could be. It's a sadness I've never felt before. Or maybe devesated is a better way to describe what I feel, what Cody feels, what we all feel. It's one of many trials in life that we've been given and I know there is something wonderful waiting around the corner. This is just a set back, but oh how it hurts. I hear of this thing happening, but it's something I never saw happening to us. Please keep us in your prayers.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

I woke up this morning and you were on my mind. Throughout the day I would think, "I wonder what Veronica is doing..." (weird because I haven't seen you in 10 years). I clicked on your blog to see what was new and my heart sank. I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your sweet hubby tonight. I am so so sorry.

Erin said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a baby inbetween Katelyn and Trevor at about 6 weeks. It's amazing how attached you can get to that child in such a short amount of time. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Carli said...

you are in my prayers! I am so sorry! My cousin just miscarried last week too. She was 12 weeks. She is on my page as Todd and Erika if you want to read what she wrote about it. Love you!

Ute Family said...

I don't know what to say except that I'm so sorry for your loss and you will definately be in our prayers. It's amazing the things that Heavenly Father puts us through knowing it's something that we WILL get through. One of my favorite quotes,
"The Lord puts hard things in our way, not to stop us but to call out our courage and strength."

Julie said...

Veronica, again I am so sorry. Feel free to e-mail me anytime. Sometimes, talking to someone that understand what you are going through helps.

And please, do not let others make you think that your feelings are exagerated, they are not. You hurt and your heart is broken, no matter if you were 5 weeks pg or 25 weeks pregnant.

Julie

Joey and Nettifer said...

I LOVE YOU! I am so sorry! You are such a strong person!

jess... said...

hey V, Like everyone else, I am so sorry for your loss. You have always been someone with such great strenght and I know you will learn from this and be a stronger better person because of it. I have two other friends that have lost a baby recently also,I'm so sorry! You will be in our prayers....lov ya, the filinas