"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Beautiful Friend

Brandi is one of the most beautiful people I know, both inside and out. She has been one of my dearest friends for years. She is pregnant with her third boy and is due any day. I consider her more of a sister than just a friend, and I wanted to take some maternity shots of her. She and her boys came over on Friday and kept us company all day. We had some major damage control to do on the house after they left, but their being here did wonders for my soul. And you would think it would have been hard for me taking pictures of her pregnant belly, but it was the opposite. It gave me hope that it will happen for me again and it made me smile. I can't wait for her sweet baby to get her so I can have some cuddle time with him. She has some seriously cuddly babies! Brandi is such a goof and I love how her personality shines through in some of these.













4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Good job! Glad it was such a happy experience for you! she is beautiful pregnant! Three boys? SHe has built her home in the clouds already.

Carli said...

you are such a great photog! THey turned out beautifully!

Unknown said...

Hey V. If you've seen my blog, you can see that each of the blogs on my link list move to the top of the list each time they are updated. Yours has stayed near the bottom for a couple of weeks now and I thought that was unusual for you since you blog nearly every day. I decided to check it out and I was right, yours was not moving up the list when you updated it. I feel so horrible. You probably think that I am a terribly, inconsiderate, ignorant person. I am so sorry. Since I started working I really have been out of the loop, but gosh, my neighbor, my friend, I had no idea that you were struggling through this. If I have seemed aloof, or said anything (or not said anything) to upset you I am so sorry. You are so blessed, and things will get better. You will have this baby you are dreaming of. We don't know when, but we know. I am so sorry, and if there is anything I can do please let me know. I am home every day around 5:30, please feel free to come over if you need to talk. I am not a part of this "club" you talk about, but I can listen. And know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anne said...

Gorgeous pictures! She looks so cute!