"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, December 10, 2010

Our Little Artist

I wanted to write for a minute about Hailey's love for art and creating. This child can spend hours sitting at the table working on one project or another. The other day a boy in her class gave everyone a little wooden train car kit to put together and paint, and as soon as she got home from school she was anxious to start working on it. No, it actually started the second she got in the van when I picked her up that day. I've suspected for a while that Hailey was a very right brained thinker, more like her mama. Her love of all things art and dance and music manifest that.

When all the kids sit down to do a craft, Ethan loses intrest rather quickly because it's just not his thing. Way too artsy fartsy for him. And Lauren is just three and has the attention span of a tytpical kid her age. Sometimes I can get her to work on something like the other day when we painted ornaments, she worked on her's for quite a while. But Hailey literally spent hours painting ornaments. Getting it just right, staying inside the lines, not mixing colors, waiting patiently at the table while they dried so she could apply the glitter...she is a funny kid. I love her love of creating.

She will be five in January and even though I won't be teaching piano to non-family kids again until our last baby is older, I am anxious to start teaching her. She has wanted to ever since I started teaching Ethan this time last year, and now she is finally old enough to start grasping certain concepts. I have a feeling that she will pick it up quickly and enjoy it!

I absolutely love and adore my little artist.

No comments: