"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 16, 2012

Texas Day 2

-Swim swim swim swim swim.  Hailey thought she was drowning when she wandered over to the deep end.  When she started screaming, I looked over and saw that she was treading water...perfectly.  I told her what she was doing and that she wasn't drowning, and it gave her a huge boost of confidence and she wasn't scared any more.  The girl is officially swimming all by herself with NO assistance of any kind!  She is amazing!

-The kids did not drink enough water all day, despite my best efforts to keep them hydrated.  And I obviously did not re-apply sunscreen well enough because everyone is very pink tonight.  We'll do better tomorrow and stay out of the sun during it's peek hours.

-Garrett took a four hour nap but when he woke up, he was introduced to his first swim in Granana's pool!  Of course, he loved it and couldn't get enough.  All five of the kids are water bugs and I love it!

-After dinner we went out to the nursing home to visit Grandmother.  She is slipping more and more each day and the visit was so strange because she kept forgetting who we were and where she was.  She tries so hard to remember everything but it's obvious that she doesn't.  She is 94 and I don't know if she will make it to 95.

-We came home after the visit and had Blue Bell out on the back porch.  Ethan is obsessed with helping Uncle Philip with all kinds of projects in the shop and that kept him busy until bedtime.  We had another downpour tonight with some good claps of thunder!











No comments: