"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 23, 2012

Texas Day 5

On Thursday we got up early and made the 3 1/2 hour drive down to Brenham, Tx. Brenham is home to the Blue Bell Creamery. In all my 32 years of being a Texan, I have never toured the factory! That's quite the abomination! We met my childhood bestfriend, Melissa (Scott) McElwee and her hubby Steve down in Brenham for lunch and then they went on the tour with us. It was WONDERFUL getting to see her because I hadn't seen her since Joseph's funeral three years before. Her little Conor Joseph is only two weeks older than Garrett, but about twice his size! It was so much fun seeing her as a mom. She and Steve are great parents. Steve had me laughing because he didn't hide his baby hunger in the slightest. Turns out he is now pressuring Mo for a bunch more kids because I "make it look so easy". Ha!

We met for lunch at this fantastic sandwich shop called "Made in Heaven".  Then it was off to the factory and it was incredible. Mo and I spent the entire time drooling over everything. Granana had to miss most of the tour because she was busy with closing issues for Grandmother's house. That has ruled her life for the last several weeks! The tour ended in an old time ice cream parlor where we were treated to any type of ice cream that we wanted. I picked a new flavor "Summer Strawberry Pie". It was so good! The others got either mint chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookie dough, or homemade vanilla.

I feel like I am a total expert on all things Blue Bell after touring the factory! Go on, ask me anything! Now how am I going to convince Cody to send in his resume to the EHS dept at the factory? I'm sure he could find a good job there if he wanted one!












No comments: