"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 23, 2012

Texas Day 7

On Saturday there was only one thing talked about....Dad was coming into town!!!  We drove out to Dallas Love Field to pick him up.  Gov and the oldest four kids went while Granana stayed home with Garrett while he napped.  Cody was super tired when he got in because he'd been up since 4:30 that morning.  As soon as we got back to Granana and Gov's all he wanted to do was take a nap.

While Dad napped, Ethan and Hailey were busy at work making a movie with Gov's stop animation software.  They made about 400 frames during the day amd it was amazing at how quickly they got the hang of it!  And the coolest part is that they used our old Fischer-Price Little People Village to make the movie.

At 5:15 Cody and I left to go downtown to meet Emily and Philip for a "double date".  Yeah, that's a bit disgusting considering we are all cousins and siblings, but they were the only other ones who were in town to go on our traditional cousin-night-out.  We ate at Razzoo's Cajun Cafe and had a blast.  Then we headed around the corner to Four Day Weekend and as always, LOVED the show.  This was the second time in a row that I won two free tickets during intermission!!  But I paid the price with embarrassment as they used something from my life as the theme of one of their sketches.  It was hilarious!!  And of course had to do our traditional duck face poses.  What a fun night!








No comments: