"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

1st Grade Field Trip

On Thursday December 13th, I got to chaperone Hailey's 1st grade class field trip. We went out to Davis High School to see a dance performance from several local high school dance teams.  It was a Christmas theme show and the dances were....interesting.  It's the only way I can describe it because I am not into modern/interpretative dance, but the kids seemed to really enjoy it.  I was in charge of a group of five kids- Hailey, Caysja, Lizzy, Alex, and Ethan.  I had a lot of fun riding on the bus with the kids.  It's always eye opening to see how my kids interact with their peers in that kind of environment.  Hailey is a little chatter box who doesn't like to be quiet!  She is a social butterfly for sure!  I was really happy I was able to go with the kids that day.  Just a side note- the boy in the bottom picture on the left is Jayden and Hailey is madly in love with him.  She comes home from school everyday and gives me a play-by-play about everything Jayden did, said, wore, ate for lunch, etc.  She is kind of the 1st grade version of a stalker!  She kisses him whenever she gets the chance and she said he lets her kiss him even more when she gives him her dessert at lunch.  What??!!

No comments: