"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Break Snow Play

Oh how I love the week between Christmas and New Years Day! The hustle and bustle is over and it's time to get a little organized, play with all our new stuff, clean out and make ROOM for said stuff, and just enjoy the rest of the season. I spent all day yesterday cleaning out the girls' and little boys' bedrooms. Cody spent half the day on Christmas helping Ethan with his. All together I hauled a load to DI yesterday that filled the back of the van to the brim! It makes me a little sad to get rid of toys that were once beloved by the kids.  Yesterday I got rid of all the girls' My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop.  Right now they are so very much into all things Barbie, but it was sad to give away so much of their "childhood".  And Ethan's Transformer days are pretty much behind him too.  These kids are growing up too quickly!

Today it's all about laundry and continuing my purge of this house.  The kids woke up and the first thing they wanted to do after breakfast was play in the snow.  I don't think they could ever tired of playing in the fluffy white stuff! 










And I can't forget about the little guys!  They have each been fighting a small cold and were very content to stay inside, play with trains, and watch PBS Kids on TV.  This is my kind of cozy day!




No comments: