"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Teacher Gifts

Our family has been truly blessed over the years with fantastic teachers and schools.  The kids and I have been working on cute homemade cards for everyone and yesterday they had a lot of fun making their handprints into hearts.  I will stick a gift card to a restaurant in each one.  Lauren gave her's to her teacher today since it was her last day before the break, and tomorrow Ethan and Hailey will give their's away.  We give one to each of their teachers (Ethan has one and Hailey has two- one English and one French), their school principal (who is just fantastic and heavily involved with the students and families) and their wonderful and dedicated crossing guard, Mr. Frank.  Out of everyone, I possibly appreciate Frank the most.  Come hell or high water, he is out there everyday, making sure my babies are safe.  He is an older retired grandpa type and is one of the friendliest people I've ever met.  One day a couple of years ago, I almost hit him with my car...by that's a story for another day!  Even after that, he continues to give me a smile.  We're very fortunate to have such great adults taking care of our kids!

No comments: