"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Nap?

My name is Devin. I am three years old and I have outgrown naps. My little brother still takes a nap, and I think that's lame. While he's sleeping, I'm busy playing and getting into all kinds of mischief. I eat snacks, make messes, watch shows, pee in the potty, and follow my mom around like a shadow.  Taking naps is for the weak!

Since I don't see the need for sleep during the appropriate hours of the day, and my big brother and sisters are busy going from activity to activity every afternoon and into the evening, and I get VERY bored in the car and the hum and vibration of the engine is VERY soothing, I find it's the perfect time to take a snooze.  It's usually about 4:30 or 5:00 when this happens.  Mom always looks in the back seat and sees me sleeping soundly and she gets mad and tries to wake me up.  Why is she always reaching behind to slap my feet?  It's weird.  Then we pull into the garage and she desperately tries to wake me up.  Futile efforts, Woman!  When I'm out, I'm out.  And sometimes, even when we aren't shuttling the big kids around, I find a nice and cozy place (like the bottom of the stairs) to relax and then sleep finds me.  It feels amazing!  What is it about napping really late in the day that makes me so energized?

When I finally wake up, it's dinner time.  And later in the evening when the other kids are winding down for bed, I'm just winding up.  The night is young!  It's a lot of fun staying up until 11:30 with Mom and Dad.  I know they love having me sandwiched between them on the bed to watch a show, or jumping up and down when things get boring.  They hate having to be alone together, so it's nice of me to liven things up for them.  I drink at LEAST three cups of milk during that time.

The best part is that I get to do it all over again the next day!  Oh man, being a three year old is awesome!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Abby was like that at that age. Stinkers!