"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cody, Domestic Engineer

The kids want to be just like their dad. They want to do everything he does, and I love that! Today he was cleaning the kitchen floor and Devin came in and wanted to help. He was fascinated by the twisty mop and the bucket of soapy water.

I love Cody and I love his mama for turning him into the wonderfully domestic man that he is today.  He's macho and is a total guy, but at the same time he is always so willing to help me with anything and everything around the house.  I wasn't feeling well this morning (after being up most of Friday night with sick Garrett and because I am coming down with something myself) and I had to be gone half the day to stake baptisms.  He handled all of the kids and took them to swim lessons this morning, even in the 20 degree weather.  He then came home and did a number of household chores, all without me asking him to.  When I finally got home he insisted that I go rest and "veg" while he took care of everything. 

He has been like this since we got married, and even beforehand.  I'll bet he's been like this his whole life.  He does a perfect load of laundry, makes a mean lasagna, can change a diaper blindfolded, and tackles all of his responsibilities with church and his career, all without missing a beat.  I lucked out when I met him and I am so happy that he's mine!  If my boys grow up to be like him, I'll be so proud.  And if my girls grow up and find a guy like him to marry, they will be so lucky!


No comments: