"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Our Nightly Indulgence


Cody and I discovered something a few months ago that has become quite the addiction for us.  We love finding new shoes on Netflix, and we came across "White Collar" back in the fall.  It is originally aired on the USA cable network, but the first three seasons are on Netflix and Cody and I just finished season two last night.  It's become like a ritual for us every night:  After we do our whole wind-down routine, we flip on whatever show we are currently watching together, snuggle in bed and watch TV.  Sounds like a mindless and meaningless way to spend time together, but we love it after a really long day.

Most nights it's really, really hard to only watch one episode.  Sometimes it's after midnight before we finally turn it off.  It's an incredibly well written show.  One episode leads into the next and the characters draw us in.  The main character, Neal Caffrey, is played by an actor named Matt Bomer, whom I have a huge crush on.  He's a fellow native Houstonian and actually went to my rival highschool!  Who knew.  I won't deny that I sometimes drool in scenes where he is "accidentally" caught shirtless.  But the show is actually quite clean!  A good, clean, captivating, drama is hard to find these days.  Right now all I can think about it getting the kids in bed and the house all taken care of tonight so Cody and I can hop into bed and see what season three holds in store for us.  After last night's season finale, I am going crazy!


No comments: