"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Treehouse Museum

It's so nice to have another good friend family on the same track as us! On Friday we met th Ingles in Ogden at the Treehouse Museum. And oh my gosh, it was COLD!! It was busy and we had to park a ways away and on the walk to the building, my hands actually hurt. The air was just frigid. But as soon as we were inside and got situated, the big kids ran off and we didn't see much of them the entire time. That place is pretty amazing!

I hadn't been there in a long time and I got to thinking- the last time I was there was a couple days after miscarrying a baby a few years back. I saw the bench where I sat and secretly cried, thinking I would never be happy again.  I was on a fieldtrip with Ethan's class and I tried to pull myself together for the sake of people around me.  And here I was in the present day, surrounded by my FIVE beautiful and healthy children and a wonderful friend to visit with.  I'm happy.  Some days I feel so happy that I could burst and bits of sunshine would shoot out all around me.  Life isn't perfect, but it's full of joy.  Friday was a great reminder of that.








No comments: