"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Apple of my Eye

As I was making lunch, Garrett (the climber) fell and got hurt. Devin jumped into action and took care of him by bringing him his sacred and beloved pillow....that he NEVER shares and drags around everywhere. He actually let Garrett lay down on it and then he plopped down next to him. They had an interaction that went something like this:
Ah, Garrett.  I love you so much and I'm sorry you got hurt.  There there.  Don't cry.
Hey.....what's that?  Where'd you get the apple??
Oh what, you mean THIS apple?  (swipe)
Come on, man.  I just want one little bite.  No fair!
Well I'm gonna take what I want anyway!
Nooo!!  That's my apple!  Get your own!
Mom, are you just gonna stand there and let this happen!  Put the camera away and get my apple from him!
Mmmmm....tasty goodness.  This apple is so sweet and juicy.  Dude, you're missing out.
We have the smartest mommy ever.  Now we BOTH have apples.
You stay away from MY apple, buddy!
Wow.  Mommy is so awesome.
Hey wait a minute.  Yourses looks better than mine!
Cool!  It has a little twirly thing on top!
This is like the best day ever.  I love you, bro.

No comments: