"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, January 14, 2013

First Day Off Track

The kids went off track today and will be home for the next three weeks. And today the thermometer read 7 degrees, so this is going to be a FANTASTIC break. Lots of cabin craziness is insured to happen!  My friend Debbie is in nursing school and the semester starts tomorrow.  Today she had some last minute school errands to run, so I told her to bring her oldest three kids over to play for the day because her kids are on the same track as ours.  We love having other five kid family friends!  I was happy to give Debbie a break and the kids had a blast playing together.  We're lucky that our kids get along fantastically!  It was a day of a lot of:
Dress up (or "costuming" as boys call it) and Nerf/light saber wars
A healthy lunch of Mac 'n Cheese with hotdogs

Little girl makeovers
Wii battles
 


Fruitloop necklace making
(Devin would rather eat a real bowl of Fruitloops)
Spiderman watching
And brownie cupcake making (FHE treat for tonight).  Unfortunately Garrett wasn't feeling well and spent all afternoon sleeping, so there's no pictures of him.  All together it was a really fun day for us!  I didn't get a lick of laundry done and the bathrooms really need cleaning, but playing is waaaaaay more important, right?


No comments: