"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, January 25, 2013

Kangaroo Zoo

Earlier this week we were so cabin crazy, so the next day I took Lauren out of school (she is on traditional calendar) and we went and played at Kangaroo Zoo.

This was the first time I'd been by myself with all five kids.  Cody is always there when we go, but I decided to try it on my own.  Not so bad!  Garrett is old enough to do a lot of stuff on his own, so he and Devin played a lot together on the smaller kids inflatables.  I brought my laptop to work on Girl Scout stuff and set up camp by the gate to make sure none of my kids escaped.  I splurged and let them get pizza for lunch and they played for about three hours!

By the way, I am so looking forward to their April break when they are off track.  Everything is expensive indoors.  Everything costs an arm and a leg when we go anywhere!  Warm weather activities are either cheap or free.  Hiking= free.  Parks= free. Swimming= free (only because we already paid for our annual Rec Center pass). Playing outside in general= free.  AAGGHH!!












No comments: