"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, January 4, 2013

Garrett in the Morning

My name is Garrett and I am 21 months old! Mom and Dad can't believe how big and smart and independent I am.  They are sad that I'm growing up, but I say "It's about dang time!"  I've spent my whole life watching my big brothers and sisters do stuff that I only DREAMED of.  One of those things is use a fork and spoon.  I know that sounds simple, but when you've spent most of your life with the coordination of a drunk cat, you really appreciate these new-found skills.

This morning I slept late, which is my favorite thing to do.  God taught me to sleep like this.  Most kids my age like to wake up when it's still dark, but not me.  I wake up about 9:00, but for the first six months that I was alive I only slept four hours a day.  I cried for the other twenty.  Mom and Dad went nuts during that time, so this is God's way of making nice with them.  Now that sleep is easy for me, I wonder why I didn't like it before!

Today I had scrambled eggs for breakfast, which is one of my favorites.  Mom makes it with a little cheddar cheese and some kind of yummy seasonings that belong to a lady called Mrs. Dash.  The other things I like best are pancakes and waffles.  I used to really like bananas, until I realized they were nasty and that the floor liked them better.   And milk......mmmmmmm.  I could drink milk all the time!  But sometimes I drink so much milk that it gets hard to poop, so Mom makes me drink something else.  I hate not being able to poop.

I sit at the table like a big kid now.  Santa brought me a booster seat for Christmas, and I was like "What the freak?!?"  That's not a cool present.  But it's kind of cool sitting with the rest of the family now, so it's all good.

My hair is crazy most of the time, but it's super cray cray in the morning.  Everyone always says how awesome it is.  That makes me feel great because I grew it all by myself!






No comments: