"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Ethan's Readers Theater

On Friday I got to go up to the school to see Ethan's class do a performance that they'd been working on for weeks (Lauren and the little boys came up too and they were surprisingly behaved well).  Since March is a celebration of Dr. Suess' birthday, his class kicked it off by taking some of his stories/poems and turning them into min-plays.  Ethan had been talking about this for a while, but it was hard to imagine it until I saw it all put together.  The class was in four groups, doing four separate performances.  I need to ask Ethan again what his group's story was, because it was one I'd never heard of. 

I was amazed at what an incredible job the kids did!  That was a LOT of memorization.  It was fun seeing them all perform and really get into character.  I love that I get to be a part of my kids' growing up like this, and I'm so thankful to my hard working husband who wakes up before dawn and goes to work all day and never complains...because it means that I get to be the one at home, seeing all of this stuff first hand.  Cody really wanted to be there, but ten minutes before he was going to leave work something unexpected happened and he got stuck taking care of it.  He was sooooo disappointed!  But thanks, Super Cody.  Because you really are Super.  We love you!
These are two of his best friends in class- Cutler and Thomas.  He's lucky to have such great friends!
Because I was videoing, this was the only picture I could get of him with his group and it was right before they started.  He looks so nervous.  He had to wear a ball cap for his character and I LOVE that he chose his Astros cap!!

No comments: