"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday Fun

I love Good Friday.  I love Easter.  And it's not the chocolate and egg hunts and all of that, but rather the spiritual aspect of it. I love the new life, I love the stories about Jesus, I love focusing on the positive part of the crucifixion.  I love the resurrection, and I love knowing that because of that great day, I'll see my brother Joseph again. I'll live with my family forever and there will be a day when we will never taste of death or of sadness or of heartache.

It's been a very long week as Hailey's been recovering from surgery (which has been pretty bad), and Devin's been battling an ear infection.  I haven't slept a lot in the last week, but I've had a lot of good bonding time with this girl because she's wanted me to do nothing but cuddle with her on our big bed and brush her hair and watch movies with her.  In the meantime, the house is a little out of control! 

Today when Dad got home we had dinner and then dyed Easter eggs.  I LOVE dying eggs, but I really hate how it makes the house smell.  Any time your dye eggs in abundance it makes the house smell horrible.  But it was fun and messes were minimal.  Tonight for movie night we watched "The Testaments" which makes me cry every single time.  The kids got really into it and it was great talking about it with them. Lauren was especially emotional and toward the end she crawled into my lap and whispered "Mom, I can feel the Holy Ghost talking to me in my heart."  I love this not-so-little family of ours more than one should be allowed! 








That's the face of a super tired mama, after playing nurse all week to Hailey and Devin (who's had a double ear infection.)  Must get some sleep!!







Devin in his classic belly pose, and wearing a swimsuit which is all he wears at home!!

1 comment:

Presley Harper said...

This was a lovely blog postt