"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Is It REALLY Happening?!

There's been a very strange, very forgein feeling in the air today.  It's so rare and so unusual that the hair on the back of my neck is standing on end.  It's almost spooky because it's a feeling that hasn't been around in a very long time.

It's warm outside.

71 degrees to be exact.

The big kids came bursting through the door after school, red faced, and out of breath.  They ran straight for the fridge to get a cup of water and they actually smelled sweaty.  Ethan had worn a hoodie sweatshirt to school today and said "Oh man, I'm gonna die!  I am so hot!!" They quickly changed into tee shirts and shorts and my heart almost leaped out of my chest.

I dug through the freezer and found some Otter Pops that had survived the end of summer and through the winter and still remained, un-eaten.  They were covered in that yummy freezer burned ice, but the kids didn't care.  To them they tasted like Heaven.  Devin has been wearing his Lightening McQueen bathing suit all day, just in case I actually agreed to let him play in the water hose.  It may be warm, but it's sure isn't THAT warm yet.

They played outside and drank juice boxes until it was time for homework and ballet.  I know this good weather isn't going to last, because it's only March 14th and winter here has a way of showing it's ugly face off and on through the end of April.  But for now we are soaking in every second of it, as if it's a tender mercy from God. 



No comments: