"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Enrichment Program

Wow, what a night. What a week for that matter. We had our Christmas Enrichment night tonight and can proudly say that we pulled it off! Emma and I have been stressing over everything for weeks now. She is the Enrichment counselor in Relief Society and she has her hands full. I've been helping her as much as I could. I'm one of those people who is always the first to raise their hand and offer help whenever asked. Sometimes I take on way too much. This ordeal has been no exception. I don't know how to delegate. Well that's not true. I do know how, but I'm so afraid of someone screwing something up and I want things done RIGHT, so I do it myself. Oh well, I've always been that way and it's not necessarily a good thing. Missy put together this awesome musical program and we raked together some musical talent among the sisters and I think it turned out so well. Thanks to everyone who participated and helped out. At the very end of the program we wrapped it up with this slide show about Christ. Boy, that was a head ache to make but it was so powerful and worth the effort.

The food was great, the company was great, and I had such a fun night. I absolutely cherish the friends I've made in this ward. I'm really among some incredible women and I'm always in awe of them. I grow so much from their strength and examples.

(P.S.- Photobucket accidentally cut the very end off of the slide show. Bummer, it was the best part!)