"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Imaginary Friend

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tonight I got to meet an old friend for the first time. Sound weird? Kim and I met almost 2 years ago on an LDS message board and have corresponded back and forth ever since then. She lives about 3 hours from me and has come to town many times during our friendship, but our paths always seem to just miss each other and we have never gotten to meet face to face...until tonight. Kim gave birth to her 15th baby here in town yesterday. That's right, you read that correctly. Her 15th baby. So finally after all this time, I got to meet my "imaginary friend" (as Cody calls her). I love her just as much in real life as I have in the zillions of emails and messages we have exchanged. She is an incredible woman. Her oldest child is on a mission and is almost 21, and the youngest of the crew is obviously a newborn. What a family she and her husband have. I got to sit and pick her brain for 2 hours about life and motherhood and we had a great time! She has this enormous testimony of the gospel and I really admire her. Now we have no excuse to get together each time she comes into town! By the way, she is "Mamahen" on my friends link on the sidebar. I just love reading her blog!