"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Tree

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We got our tree last Saturday, but getting it all put together has been a week long ordeal. And I've had to put almost all the ornaments back on so many times because little hands keep taking them off. I gave Ethan the choice between doing colored lights or white lights on the tree this year, and of course he chose colored. He said they looked like candy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This terrible thing is Cody's pride and joy. Ever since I've known him he's wanted a leg lamp, just like the one from "A Christmas Story". Well a few years ago he set out on a quest to find one, and what do you know he actually succeeded. For the last three years our house has been known as "the leg lamp house". This awful thing sits right in the front window beside the tree. Oh, my heart is bursting with pride. My dad says he wants one and mom mom says over her dead body.

10 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

WE love it! When we came by the other night and saw that thing in the window we died laughing! I think it is awesome. But, I love that movie!

Staci said...

i can honestly say that i have never seen that movie and have never wanted to. and i don't feel like i have missed out on anything by not watching it. i so relate to your blog about gaining weight and trying to lose it. i don't think i will ever get back to a single digit in pants. so sad.

Kristi said...

I love the leg lamp, that is hilarious!! I hear ya on putting the decorations back on a million times, we are experiencing that at our house too!

jess... said...

This is Jason here.....that lamp is AWESOME!! We got my Dad a miniature version of it last year...but remember, it's not a lamp...it's "a major award!"

jess... said...

He he we got one for jasons dad last year, tooo funny!

I tagged ya:) look at my blog for the rules!

jess... said...

Oops, jason alrealy commented on the lamp, oh well.

jess... said...

okay, do you have the complete slideshow without the end cut off? I want to show it in primary :) It is awesome. YOu did a great job!

Heather Jones said...

I love your leg lamp I remember seeing it last year and laughing so dang hard!!! We have to watch that every year!!!

Heather Jones said...

By the way you guys did great on the program I was glad I had no appointments at work and got to go at the last minute!!!

Allen Family said...

I'm not sure where your comment link has disappeared to either, so I leave it on this post. 1-The pics of Lauren of fabulous! Really. Such a doll. 2-Love, love, love the leg lamp. I would totally put that up if we had one. Maybe I'll search for one myself.