"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Heidi Klum Should Be Slapped

Tonight Cody and I were watching TV and I saw something that made me cry. No, it wasn't a Hallmark commercial...it was a Victoria Secret commercial. Heidi Klum just had her THIRD baby a few months ago and is back modeling underwear on the runway. Seriously, I was in tears. I am soooooo very grateful for my ultra fertile body and all that provides me with. I love my babies and would sacrifice my body all over again for them, but come on. It just doesn't seem fair that people like me gain such an enormous amount of weight from having a baby (70 pounds each time) and I have a very hard time getting it off. And then there is Miss Heidi. I don't really have a mean bone in my body, but I could slap her. I have never ever been a heavy person. I have never struggled with me weight. This is all so new to me. Believe it or not I was once a very thin and toned person. I was looking back over old pictures and found some of me when I was about 20 and at the peak of my work out days. I was a swimmer and was busy doing lifeguard competitions. I literally exercised for a living. And I thought I was fat then!!! And the inevitable cycle is this: You get pregnant, you get fat, you have the baby, you work like crazy to get the weight off, you start looking hot again, and then BAM!! You are pregnant and get to do it all over again. Am I right?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The 22 year old bride who thought she looked like a cow!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

You are gorgous! isn't it so funny when I was getting married I thought i Was huge and now I would give anything to look that way again and I actually wasn't huge at all! I think you and I might have had the same dress :) I loved my dress!
I loved the VS show!

jess... said...

you are so crazy....you always look hot! Any extra weight will be off in NO time at all. What is bad is that i lost mine and now Im gaining it all back and I not pregnant. How did you get that picture so big??