"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's Beginning To "Feel" A Lot Like Christmas

Lauren is doing much better and that has made for a much better day. We stayed home from church anyway just to be safe. I did NOT want any new germs in this house just as we were getting rid of old ones. But all that will go out the window when Ethan goes to school this week. We were all going sooooo cabin crazy today so we decided to go out in the backyard and play in the snow. I am not a fan of snow and I absolutely hate winter. I would live perpetually in June of I could. But today it was pretty fun playing in the snow. I dragged the kids all over on the sled and let me just say that it was a major work out. After an hour we were getting cold and we went inside and had baked potatoes for dinner. So yummy and warm! Too bad these pictures didn't turn out well. The flash was off.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A few years ago Cody and I decided to forgo buying Christmas gifts for each other, and instead we "adopt" two needy kids from the angel tree at his office. We have so much fun buying for the new kids each year and we always go overboard. But hey, when the kid has "underwear and socks" listed on his wish list, you know his family is in serious financial trouble and he would have a skimpy Christmas otherwise. This year Cody picked a boy and girl from the tree and on Saturday we bought all of their Christmas gifts. Tonight Cody and I were wrapping gifts until after midnight, but we had so much fun doing it while we watched "A Christmas Story". Cody has such a big heart and it's times like this that I am reminded why I married him.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We always wrap everything individually and then put it in one big U-Haul box and then wrap that.