"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Poor Little Sicky

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lauren is so sick and I feel so bad for her. She is such a good natured and easy going baby, so for her to cry means that something is very wrong. And she has done a LOT of crying over the last 3 days. A friend of mine has a baby with RSV, and I was around her a ton over the last 2 weeks (before we knew she was infected). So of course I started worrying that Lauren had contracted it. She has been coughing like crazy and has trouble breathing when she gets into a coughing fit. So on Thursday I took her into the doctor, but he ruled out RSV because her oxygen level was great and her lungs sounded normal. I guess those are big symptoms of the virus. He said she just had a bug and we would have to wait it out. In the meantime we are miserable. Last night I was in tears at about 2 a.m. because she was so sick and I couldn't do a thing for her except love on her. Her little cry sounds like a sick kitten now. Cody gave her a blessing and we managed to get a little sleep last night, but not much. I have never had a baby be sick this young before. Ethan and Hailey both had their first illnesses at about 8 months and by then they were old enough so more could be done for them. I just feel so terrible so my poor, defenseless baby.