"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ethan's Essay

Ethan did his first "essay" in school about Columbus Day. He brought it home and I about hit the floor. I am more astounded everyday at the amount he is reading and writing. Last night while sitting on our bed he opened a book and just started reading it. Of course I helped him sound out some of the words, but he read about 95% of it himself! It's the neatest thing seeing his mind take of flike it has. It's as if things have clicked and he's now unstoppable!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing! Brock and I got all teary-eyed when Jace read us his first book. It was only about a month ago, and it was one of those beginner books, "Ten Apples Up On Top" but it was awesome! I wish I could take some credit, but he has almost totally taught himself.