"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, October 21, 2010

UEA and the Zoo

We had originally planned to go to Disneyland for the first time over UEA weekend, but the numbers didn't really add up. We will try again for next year, but Cody went ahead and took Thursday and Friday off as planned. We had a mini "staycation" at home. On Thursday we all went swimming at the Rec Center, and the water (although indoor and heated) is already freezing cold. Yuck. That evening Carson and Cole came over to spend the night and of course everyone had a ball terrorizing the house.

On Friday morning we got up early, I got six children ready and loaded in the van, and we all met Courtnee at the zoo for a day of fun. Everyone else in town had the same idea because it was a school holiday, so the place was packed. But we had a good time anyway and spent most of the day there. We had a picnic lunch and I swear saw every animal that lived there.







1 comment:

Mandy said...

Sounds like you had a good time! I'd HIGHLY recommend not going to Disneyland during any school holiday though, it will be so packed it won't be worth your money!