"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Baby and Minivan

Baby update. Nothing too interesting to tell, but I'm almost 34 weeks and things are still good. My BP keeps dropping the further along I get. Today it was 94/50. I guess they will just keep an eye on that! My doc had me go ahead and schedule appointments from here until delivery. You know you are getting close when you start going every week! So I go back in two weeks and then once a week from there on out. How scary and exciting! This baby is measuring a tad on the big side, so for those of you who keep saying "Oh my gosh, what a little belly!" You are wrong! I feel huge and therefore I am. I weigh 205 and still counting.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As of today we are minivan people. I have been doing a ton of shopping around online comparing vans and on the phone with pushy dealer after pushy dealer. All vans start to look the same after a while. We have looked at Hondas, Dodges, Chryslers, and Toyotas. We landed on a Toyota Sienna from a dealer in town. It is a 2005 model with very low miles and is completely loaded, still under warranty! The options we are getting with it are just an extra perk- we really didn't need them. But we got SUCH a great deal on it that we couldn't pass it up. What I love most about it (besides the power sliding door) is the 8 passenger capacity. The 2nd row is made up of 3 bucket seats and any of them can come out or fold down to make it a 7 passenger if we want to. My doc appointment today ran way late but Cody went down to the dealer and signed some papers. We are deciding which credit union to finance through so it will still be another week before we have the car, but it is as good as ours. I am so relieved to have car shopping behind us! I spent all morning at dealers and on the phone and I am beat. It's pretty hard juggling a pregnant body and too small kids at a car dealer.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is just a stock photo, but it is just like ours except the color. Ours is pueter.

5 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

You are officially a mom, you now own a minivan :) Good for you. Enjoy the room!~

Miles and Bex said...

You are a proud owner of a minivan!!! My sister in law has a toyota and she loves it. I bet you will too. Keep us updated on your BP. It is opposite of my BP. If we could just combine them we would be good. Good luck with everything.

Gina said...

Congrats on the sweet ride! You will love it, especially the automatic doors!
By the way, you don't look anything like the dude in the leopard thong. :)

Anne said...

Congrats on the van! And i'm officially traumatized by the guy in a speedo.

Heather Jones said...

I love my van as hard as it was to break down and buy one it rocks!!!!!!!!!!