"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Preschool

Today we went to the "meet and greet" at Ethan's preschool. I am very impressed with his teacher. She runs it out of her house and has things so together! I've only met her once and that was several weeks ago, but she even remembered Hailey's name when we got there. Ethan will have about 10 kids in his class. He was a little shy at first, but then seemed to really be enjoying himself with the other kids and toys while us parents mingled. Oh boy, this is the start of something new for me. I have officially entered into that stage of being a suburban mom who lives among OTHER suburban moms who only want to out-do each other. It seemed to be a contest of who was the cutest mom, who had things most together, who was the most "involved" parent, who could volunteer the most, etc. Oh give me a break. I just want my kid to learn and have fun! I guess now that we are minivan owners, I REALLY fit the mold. Speaking of the car, we should finally have it in our driveway tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait! That will be one more thing checked off my list of to-dos before baby #3 gets here.

7 comments:

Heather Jones said...

You will love having him in pre-school it is so fun for them and it will give you a break with the new one. By the way Kylie watches a ton of t.v. and I am not pregnant if it will make you fill better!!!I can't wait to see you driving that van!!!

Anne said...

I can't believe he's in preschool already. Weren't you and I roommates just last week.Good for you for not buying into the crazy competetive Mom thing. Life's too short for that!

Gina said...

Yikes, the moms were really like that?!

Kristi said...

That sucks that moms were like that, but how fun he is starting preschool. It is such a fun new time for them and you! Enjoy it!!

Missy said...

Yeah! Preschool is so much fun. I am trying really hard to adjust to the everyday thing...too sad.

Miles and Bex said...

Preschool is so good to help you prepare for them leaving for kindergarten. I think that is part of the reason why it was a little easier when we finally said our good-byes. I hope he loves it. Where is he going?

Joey and Nettifer said...

Yeah for preschool! What a huge step in his little lives! Just ignore those moms!

I saw your van last night as M and I were going for a walk. Very nice!