"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Lazy Eye Card Swap

Kind of a funny title, huh?

First things first. I took Heather to the ophthalmologist this morning to have her possible lazy eye checked out. That was not a fun test! But everything is fine. The doctor wants to see her back in one year to make sure that nothing more has developed. Heather had a terrible time during the exam getting poked and messed with and then she had to have 2 different kinds of drops put in her eyes. They burned! But I think her big brother had an even harder time. He is so protective of his little sister and he covered his ears and kept yelling "Stop hurting my sister!!" I hope he always loves her this much. I treated them both to Happy Meals afterwards. It's amazing how a little salt, fat, and sugar can soothe the soul.

These are the two cards I made this month for card swap. Even though the ward split, I'm still going to the old group's swap on Thursday. The theme is "Get Well". My card isn't anything fancy, but it works!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Then next week we are meeting for the first time in our new ward's group. The theme is "Thank You". You can never have too many of those cards on hand! The little stamped squares on that one were more time consuming than I thought they would be.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

Look at you being all crafty! Happy Anniversary. What a fun get away with Cody. We always wanted to go to the dinosaur museum but never made it. When we come to visit it will have to go. I am glad Haileys eye is okay.

Joey and Nettifer said...

I am going this thursday too! I have arranged for two more people to come so we can get more cards. MORE MORE MORE :)
When is the next card swap. I really really need thank you cards.
Will you let me know so I can make some too.
You are the best!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I thought they cancelled that card swap when I talked to her on sunday because thise card swap happening this week. Will you call her, since i don't know her and let me know?

Thanks