"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tantrums and Swelling

Oh what a morning! Today I had to go to Target and Ethan threw a royal hissy fit unlike anything I've ever seen from him before! When we got there he wanted to go straight for the toys. I told him if he was good while I shopped I would let him look at toys at the end. He was good for about 10 seconds. He RAN to the toy department with me waddling behind him calling his name and telling him to STOP!! It is already so hard and painful to walk, let alone run after a kid through the store. Needless to say it was a terrible trip. The kid weighs 45 pounds I can not lift him anymore with out hurting myself. I sat down there in the toy aisle and cried! I'm sure that nosy onlookers were thinking "That girl has no business having anymore kids. She can't handle the ones she's got!" So I cried while Ethan laid on the floor kicking and screaming because I wouldn't let him get every toy he saw. I think that these kids have realized poor Mom can't walk very fast and isn't much use for anything these days...and they have me out numbered.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Don't let this angel face fool you. He can really be the devil at times!

I am so swollen right now. It is no joke being big and pregnant during August! But still, I would rather take this than having morning sickness during August. Yesterday my visiting teachers were over and I was sitting with my legs crossed at the ankles. After about 20 minutes I changed positions and one of my visiting teachers gasped and said "You have skin like play dough!" I had a huge indention on my leg caused by the other being crossed over it. It was pretty yucky.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These are my legs today. You can't really tell from the picture that they are like balloons ready to pop, but they feel that way. I swear I have no circulation below the knees right now. My toes are like little sausages. This is going to be a fun 6-7 weeks!

3 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Don't you love being humiliated in public by your children. I hate it when everyone looks at you like I can't believe her or comments rude to you I have had that happen!! It just gets worst the older they get and hopefully mine will be getting better soon. Sorry about the legs I feel for you it sucks to be swollen.

Miles and Bex said...

You got to love kids! I am sorry you had such a bad shopping trip. Sorry about the feet. After I had Addi my feet stayed swollen forever. I seriously thought I had replaced my feet with elephant feet. So I know how you feel. That is how Anabels feet got too.

Joey and Nettifer said...

I am so sorry you sat down and cried in the isle! Someone should have helped you!
Sorry you are so swollen. It will happen soon :)