"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Worst Mom Day

I feel like such a terrible mom today. This low blood pressure is really getting to me. This morning I got up and made breakfast, but kids have been sitting in front of the TV now for 3 hours. I have had to lie down the whole time because when I get up I feel like I'm going to faint. Right now I'm taking a little break just to check email and stuff, but I'm going right back to the couch. The kids are still in Pjs, I haven't showered, and I know Hailey was sitting in a poopy diaper for at least 30 minutes before I had the energy to do anything about it. Right now they are devouring a box of Cocoa Puffs and the living room is a disaster. I should also mention that Ethan had his first accident during the night. He is such a deep sleeper and soaked through his sheets, blankets and two pillows. Then he crawled onto the blanket beside our bed and got that and the pillow all wet. The poor kid was DRENCHED! He felt so bad about it and it made me sad for him. I just now got bedding stripped (11:15 a.m.) All of it is waiting for me down in the basement. Oh days like this stink! Not every day is bad, but today has been hard. I wish I had a BP monitor so I could see just how low it is today. Ethan has his meet and greet at his new preschool this afternoon so I'm saving all my energy for that. Okay, now if I can muster the strength to get through the day. Thank goodness for TV and DVDs on a day like this.

5 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

I am sorry! I hope it gets better. Make Cody get you cafe rio tonight. I hope you start feeling better.

Gina said...

Bummer. Sounds like a crappy day. Hope you are feeling better. Good thing your kids like TV and Cocoa puffs!

I left my Costco groceries in the car for almost 24 hours yesterday! Darn! I had to throw away, ground beef, cheese, and eggs. It was gross, and I thought, am I LOSING MY MIND?

Heather Jones said...

You can call I live down the street I would gladly help you if you need it remember that!!!

Kristi said...

I am so sorry you are feeling yucky. Somedays are just like that and the kids are tough they will survive, mine did;)!

bethany said...

I hate horrid days like that-it's a good thing that your kids will sit and watch a DVD!! Hope tomorrow is better!