"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Third Trimester

On Sunday Audrey gave me a hug at church and said "Yea for reaching the third trimester!" She is expecting and due a few days before me and she's also experienced pregnancy loss, so she gets it.

I can't believe I have hit this point! But in all honesty, I feel like I've been in the third trimester since week 21. I've been so big, swollen, and sore that I seem to have skipped most of those middle weeks. Yesterday I had my glucose screening appointment and no matter what, I can never get used to that nasty drink! My BP was actually on the higher side (for me) being at 106/70. I'm not complaining.

I've started to get leg cramps all day and a lot during the night, and it always feels like spiders are crawling all over them. So tingly! The baby is moving con-stant-ly. I've tried to figure out his sleep and wake schedule, but he doesn't seem to have one. He's awake almost all the time. But I don't mind because I love feeling him do flips and dance around in there! Yesterday his heart BPM was 140...still on the low side but perfect for a big boy.

The doc and I talked about his birthday and since I'm due October 18th, he said he's comfortable delivering him any time between the 12th and the 16th. I really want to make it as close to my due date as I can, so through the whole month of October I'll be lying down most of the day with my legs tightly squeezed together.

The hospital has been under major construction since I was pregnant with Hailey. But I am very thrilled to say that it's all but complete. It looks like a brand new hopital! They built a gorgeous new maternity wing and I sneaked in for a peek yesterday while I was waiting for my glucose blood draw. Let me just say...wow. Holy wow. I am so excited to get to stay there for a few days! It is incredible. No more drippy radiator in my room or even better...no more shared rooms! I spent the first night after Lauren was born with a roomie and I never want to do that again. The bathrooms in the each room look like they came from the Hilton. There are also really nice flat screen plasma TVs in each room. They might have a hard time kicking me out after that fifth day!

I just can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone. Yesterday Mike wanted me to schedule all of my remaining appointments from here until the due date. I start going every two weeks from now on, and then weekly after 36. I've got it all scheduled out and now it is seeming VERY real.

I'm so excited to have this little boy. I keep imagining what he'll look like, if he'll have a full head of dark hair like his siblings, just how big he'll be, which child will love him the most (they fight about that constantly). One day this week I'm going to pull Ethan's baby clothes out and start sorting through them. We're having another baby boy!!! Cody and I couldn't be more giddy.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I still think, "Hooray for the third trimester!!" I'm glad we're getting so close, and that your little boy is so healthy!

I, too, experience the leg cramps and tingles regularly. My doctor recommended 500 mg of Magnesium per day, which really seems to help, so you might want to ask yours about it!

Julie said...

I am so happy for you!

Will we get to find out the name of that beautiful baby boy before birth? If you tell me the name of your new son, I will tell you the name of mine, lol.

Julie