"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, July 31, 2009

Back In The Swing Of Things

It feels good to get back to a routine. The last week has been hard being here and away from family, but it's good to be back in real life. I thrive on routine and so do my kids. Having them in bed at the right time each night seems to help everyone's spirits.

I spent the morning working on the Primary Program, making and revising family calendars, registering kids for the next session of swim lessons, organizing the hall linen closet (which only holds one shelf of linens...the other shelves hold "stuff"). When Lauren wakes up we'll head to the Rec Center for swimming. My nice Texas tan is starting to melt and I need some more sun!

Tomorrow is our seven year anniversary and it'll be a busy day. I've got Sharing Time and a meeting to prepare for while Cody likely goes into work to play catch up in the morning. Then tomorrow night we're taking the kids to the new Temple open house. We're excited about that.

It's been a little over four weeks since we lost Joseph. I miss him like crazy but life does go on. He'd want us to get on with life. And in a way, it feels good to do so.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary.

Julie

Ute Family said...

I'm glad you're starting to get back into life and like you said, Joseph would want it that way. What an amazing sister you are for caring so much and I'm so sorry you've had to experience this whole thing. You're still in my prayers.

Yay for the 3rd trimester. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait til I can say that again one day! I can't wait to meet that cute little baby boy! Got a name picked out? I have an idea :)

Jylaire said...

My friends photography blog is www.kelliwillardphotography.blogspot.com. You had asked about the birth announcements. She does such an amazing job! Happy anniversary!

Bel said...

I am glad to hear you doing better. By the way thanks for sharing your testimony Sunday, it was very touching and beautiful :)

Sarah Stiles said...

Happy Anniversary! Yes, routine is good! I hope you guys enjoyed the temple. Cameron LOVED it, especially the Celestial Room. When we came out he turned to us and said, "I want to be in that room." Melted my heart!

Hey, I would still LOVE to do some maternity pics for you!!! And, so you know, I am DYING to take pics of a baby boy. Four years and no boys. How is that even possible?