"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Girl Scouts at the Ballet

Today was Girl Scouts go to the ballet day.  A couple months ago I got word that we could get outrageously discounted tickets to the February 16th 2:00 show of "Cinderella" with Ballet West so we jumped on it.  Unfortunately, we were missing some people from our troop- Brielle and Anabel are out of the country and Caysja is visiting family in Idaho.   Aubrey and Parlee from our troop last year were able to tag along (because of un-used tickets) and Julianna and Tania helped chaperone.  The place was CRAWLING with little girls!  During intermission we had to wait in line 15 minutes just to use the bathroom.  It was a madhouse!

We were kind of in the nose-bleed section, but who cares because the tickets were dirt cheap and the girls didn't know the difference.  This was my first time seeing Ballet West and now I understand why they are so acclaimed.  They were fantastic!  They had two of their male dancers play the stepsisters and they stole the show.  Nothing better than a guy in drag!  They were so funny and stayed in character even in the encore. 

The only problem is that Hailey and Lauren weren't feeling well.  Last night they both ran a very mild fever. They really had no other symptoms, but I told them all morning that they should probably stay home.  They have been looking forward to the ballet for a long time and they INSISTED that I let them go.  I dosed them with ibuprofen and prayed that they would be okay during the show.  Halfway in Hailey went limp and laid down in her seat.  She was burning with fever and her throat was so swollen.  At this moment she is at Instacare with Cody and I'm pretty sure it's strep.  Good thing strep isn't an airborne germ so I'm sure she didn't infect anyone else (mainly carried through the saliva), but I probably should have followed my gut instinct and made her stay home.  The stinker was just too convincing this morning!






No comments: