"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, February 1, 2013

This Picture

This picture makes me miss-

-Fresco's Mexican food in Burleson, Texas
-The amazing guacamole from Fresco's
-Garrett's curly ringletts
-My sun-tanned skin
-The smell of chlorine and sunscreen
-The brick exterior wall of Babe's Fried Chicken...you know the one that has all the brightly painted vintage barstools outside
-Babe's chicken fried steak and green beans
-Fireflies
-The sound of the ceiling fan in my parents' living room
-My brothers and sisters
-My ma and pa
-The sound of cicadas at dusk
-Humidity
-Bluebonnets
-Fried okra
-The feel of cool grass beneath my feet on a hot, sticky night
-Screened porches

No comments: