"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good Friends, Same Ages


Our kids are so lucky that we live in a neighborhood swarming with kids.  They are never at a loss for a friends to play with and Lauren is especially lucky that three of her great friends were all born within three months of her.  This morning Megan called me to see if I could keep her boys while she went to have her hair done.  As of right now, everyone is healthy so I said sure!  Devin has been dying for a playdate of his own.  And then Lauren asked is Gracie could come home with her from school, so right now we have a houseful.  It's crazy and loud, but the kids are having a blast while the big kids are at school. 
The Kleckner boys are so close in age with our two littles. 

Max is exactly six months older than Garrett almost to the day.  It's fun that as they get older the age difference isn't really a difference at all.  While I was making up the bed this morning these two boys were in the bedroom belly laughing for NO reason at all.  It was funny to watch...but I still don't know what was so funny.

Brevin is exactly two months older than Devin...also to the day.  And yes, their names are almost the same as well.  Their friendship was meant to be!

And then pretty Gracie is exactly two weeks older than Lauren.  I remember hearing when her mama was at the hospital having her and I was horribly jealous because I was so pregnant and swollen!  That was a Friday, and two Fridays later our own September bundle made her appearance.  These two are so funny to watch play and listen to.  I drive them to preschool everyday and have the opportunity to listen to them in the backseat talking.  Grace is definitely in charge and Lauren adores her.  Today at lunch they were having an interesting conversation about being in love with their cousins, but how it's not okay to marry cousins.  But Grcacie said she has a cousin who is SOOOOO handsome and she wishes she could marry him.  That topic turned to why they can't marry brothers....and the concensus was that you don't marry brothers because it's more fun to marry someone you don't already know.  So wise.

No comments: