"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Joy Of Jackson

Gina and I started doing a kid swap once a week several weeks back. It's a nice way for Mom to get a little break two mornings a month. One Tuesday I take Jackson, then the next Tuesday Gine takes Ethan and Hailey. Ethan had speech this past Tuesday so we swapped today instead. The kids think Jackson is a rock star. They adore him! They have been looking forward to Jackson coming to play for days.

This morning Ethan said "Mom, let's get cheeseburgers and eat lunch with Jackson." I toted the four kids with me to the post office and I got some looks from people. I'm sure they thought I was crazy for having four kids so close in age. But the kids were so well behaved and they walked in and out of the post office holding hands. I wish I'd gotten a picture of that. After the Post Office we got burgers from Wendy's and went to a really great park. The kids and I love exploring new parks and there are so many fun ones around our area. It was an incredible morning! Slightly chilly in the shade, so I made sure to spread our blanket in the sun. The kids had a blast playing. When we dropped Jackson off at his house Hailey threw a royal tantrum. She loves the kid! We can't wait to play again next week, Jackson!













6 comments:

Gina said...

Wow you are on top of it! The feeling is mutual! How cute that they were all holding hands!

Bel said...

What a great idea, yay for mommy time, hehe!! They all look like they have so much fun together. I can't wait to take Bri to the park to play with friends, she is so shy though it might never happen :(

Joey and Nettifer said...

That is so sweet- isn't Jackson so sweet! What a fun neighbor/friend you are! You are and Gina are amazing. I love that park!

Becky said...

That is a good park. It must be the addition of a Jackson to the clan that makes them all behave better. I've had the same experience with Heather's Jackson.

Staci said...

oh i hope you really enjoy this time because when you have 4 kids...no one wants to swap with you.

CDMommy said...

Hey I miss you guys, it looks like your having so much fun!