"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, June 30, 2008

Soak Up The Sun

Swimming is in my blood. It is something that I have to do in order to live and through out this blog I've made many references to my love of the water. When I go to my parents' house my favorite thing to do is take a dip in the pool and this trip was no different. I had a lot of down time because I only had one child and when she napped I swam! I am getting a really great tan as a result.

On Saturday my parents hosted the ward primary swim party and it was a lot of fun. Lauren napped during the whole thing and I got to play in the water the whole time. It has been a long time since I let myself go and acted like a kid in the pool. I did all of my old tricks off of the diving board and I learned how out of shape I am. Things that never phased me before left me feeling old, tired, and very sore. But the kids got a kick out of me teaching them things like hand stand drops and jack knives. Oh how I love summer!!!

No comments: