"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Painting Pots to Pink Floyd

.....say that three times fast! Today was in the low 50s for a large part of the afternoon. It is June!!! Give us a break already! I am slowly running out of ideas to keep kids happy inside. Enough is enough and we are sick to death of cold weather. Today has been very windy so it only made things colder. We decided to paint terra cotta pots and plant seeds. I gave the kids their own pots to paint and let their imaginations soar. We needed a little music and what better tune to paint to than Pink Floyd. We were in a state of zen all afternoon. It was very relaxing and very stimulating at the same time. Ethan and Hailey even painted Lauren a pot of her own. They add a nice and wacky touch to the kitchen. It will be fun to see these things grow in the next few weeks.





3 comments:

Kristi said...

Cute! You always do such fun things with your kids!

Margo said...

Those pots are way cute. What a great idea for kids to do in a cold and rainy day.

Miles and Bex said...

You got to move to Alaska, it is warm here