"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 20, 2008

Lauren 9 Months





Where is the time going? I can't believe it was nine months ago that this sweet girl came into our lives. I can't even describe the joy she has brought to us. Today she had her 9 month check up and she continues to be a dainty thing. Here are her stats:

Weight- 17.3 pounds = 24%

Length- 27 inches = 32%

Head- 17.5 inches = 67%

This baby girl is thriving! If I could freeze time right now I would. Oh how I love this age. Here are some things about her that I don't want to forget.

-She is very much in love with my boobs. I started teaching her the sign for "milk" and now when she sees me she always does the sign.

-She is always in the bed with me during the last half of the night. Most mornings I wake up to her grabbing at my chest with one hand and signing "milk" with the other hand. She is saying "Okay Mom, I'm ready to eat! Get those things out for me!"

-She has major separation anxiert now. When I leave the room she gets very sad. She wants nothing to do with anyone but Mommy.

-She is eating solids and loves it, even green beans. We start off each morning with a bowl of fruit and rice cereal. She gets very impatient as she watches me make her food. I guess this goes to show that a baby will do something when she is good and ready and not a minute before. One day she decided she was ready to eat cereal and hasn't looked back.

-She ADORES her brother and sister as they do her. Today in the doctor's office she laughed as she watched Ethan and Hailey be "The Two Stooges" wacking each other on the heads. They can always make her laugh.

-She sits up with ease and yesterday she sat up from lying down for the first time.

-She Army crawls everywhere and she is very close to doing the real crawl. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks a little and then falls down.

-She LOVES the water. When Ethan goes to swim lessons and we walk into the pool area, Lauren starts freaking out and wants in the water right then. The mere sight of water makes her so happy. She is a mermaid!

-She is still toothless.

-She can entertain herself for a long time just by talking to herself and playing with her toys.

-Everyone who spends more than 5 minutes with her comments on how happy she is. That's why we sometimes refer to her as "Baby Jesus". I doubt the Savior himself was any happier as a baby.


4 comments:

Julie said...

Glad Lauren is doing so well.

Julie

Staci said...

lauren looks so small in that costco GINORMOUS cart! love her little toes.

Allen Family said...

I've never met her, but I love love her from this post! And people say Brody has big cheeks! He's got nothing on her cute little face! The boob obsession is hilarious!

Joey and Nettifer said...

she is so cute and I would admit - such a happy baby!