"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, June 9, 2008

My Girly Girl

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I love having girls and I would be so sad if I never had a daughter to pass my girliness onto. I feel so blessed to have TWO!! Hailey is into all things girl and I love it. Tonight I did something to her that my mother always did to me. I rolled Hailey's hair on sponge rollers! It was a ritual most Saturday nights in our house growing up that my mom would put my sister's and my hair in rollers so it would be pretty for church the next morning. This is something I have to pass down to my daughters. Big hair is in my blood and I can't help it, I suppose because I am from Texas.

Every Sunday I curl Hailey's hair with a curling iron, but I decided to try something different this week. Tonight I gave it a test run to see how she would react to having curlers in her hair. I did it right after she took a bath, around 7:15. Surprisingly she did okay. Lauren thought it was so funny and had a ball rolling around putting the curlers in her mouth. Then while I was reading to the kids tonight Lauren kept trying to grab them out of her sister's hair.
Oh little one, your time will come soon enough and you will share your sister's fate!

Hailey was a real trooper sitting for half an hour while I rolled her hair. She got a little cranky, but thanks to "Chicken Little" she was distracted. Immeditaely upon completion she wanted to run next door and show her boyfriends, Kaden and Paul. Then she and Kaden ran around in the backyard for a little while. It was the cutest thing watching her run around in her PJs and hair done up. She is so funny!


Of course it didn't last. After I tucked the kids into bed, Ethan came back out and said "Mom, Hailey's taking her hair out!" Yup, she was sitting up in bed half de-rolled. Oh well. I was totally expecting that. But this poof isn't bad considering it was only rolled two hours before. Imagine what it would have looked like fully dried tomorrow morning! Alas, we will try it again on Saturday!






4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

love sponge rollers! so cute

Ash said...

I love the sponge rollered hair!! She's such a doll! Brooklyn's hair will never keep the curl in--I'm so jealous!

Audrey said...

Hailey is so pretty! Not many people can look cute with the sponge rollers still in!

I remember my mom rolling mine and my sisters' hair in rollers on Saturday night - I also remember how uncomfortable they were to sleep in!

She's going to look adorable with little ringlets in her hair (that is, IF you can get her to leave them in.)

Good luck!!

Audrey said...

Hailey is so pretty! Not many people can look cute with the sponge rollers still in!

I remember my mom rolling mine and my sisters' hair in rollers on Saturday night - I also remember how uncomfortable they were to sleep in!

She's going to look adorable with little ringlets in her hair (that is, IF you can get her to leave them in.)

Good luck!!