"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, June 30, 2008

Texas Temple Trip

On Thursday afternoon Lauren and I flew to Texas. Cody stayed home with the kids and let me have a mini vacation. Sadly, however, the second I left them I missed them terribly and it was hard to feel like it was a vacation at all.

Leighann went through the temple on Friday and I had the pleasure of going with her, along with my parents and a lot of close friends. This is the first time I've gotten to go through the temple with a sibling and it was an awesome experience. I'm so proud of her for the person she is an the good choices she has made. I know it's not easy to be "good" in this bad world, but I think she's done a great job. She enters to the MTC on July 16 so she and my parents will be coming back up this way when she reports.

We all went to dinner after the session and it was soooo very late when we got home but it was all worth it and such a wonderful time. My sister was so gracious to come along and baby sit Lauren while we were in the temple. She was unable to go through with us but she stayed with Lauren outside and enjoyed the beautiful evening. Thanks Evelyn!! Ev and I got to visit quite a bit all weekend and it was nice. We fought like cats and dogs growing up and it's nice to be friends as adults.

The weekend was great and I hated to leave and come home, but I really missed Cody and the kids. It was a very late flight and we didn't get settled into bed until 3:00 Texas time but it all worked out fine.

3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a wonderful quick trip!

Gina said...

So glad you got to go home for a few days! Fun fun fun!

jess... said...

wow, TEXAS is great! You should move here....

I did not know that I was prego, i had taken several tests showing negitave... until today:)