"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Movin' On Up

For the last few shopping trips Lauren has sat in the seat of the cart with no car seat. In fact, her car seat has not been taken out of the van in about two weeks. She is to the point now where she is happiest when she can sit up and look around.

Today at Costco when I sat her in the seat of the cart she got very excited and started laughing and kicking her feet. It makes me a little sad that she has crossed this milestone. Every step that she takes toward independence makes me want to put a brick on her head to keep her from getting bigger.

Notice two funny things in this picture:

#1- Ethan is clinging to his map for dear life.

#2- Hailey has a purse. She has started taking a purse with her everywhere. Today when I said it was time to go she came toddling out of her room with her purse on her shoulder. I love this kid.

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

yeah for sitting up in a shoping cart. That is a big deal for babies!

Sabrina said...

Awww! She looks so cute sitting up there in the basket!

Bel said...

Super cute picture, I specially loved the funny things to notice, lol!! Kids have the most adorable personalities, hehe!

danielle and jason said...

Whats a girl without her trusty purse? :)